A message to all families and professionals, as of 08/08/18 we are unable to accept any new referrals to the NTCC Young Carers' Project. This is due to a high demand for our service and at this present time we do not have the capacity to accept any new referrals. Please contact NTCC on 0191 643 2298 and ask to speak to a manager if you require further information. We thank you for your understanding and patience at that time, we are working hard to ensure the referral system is opened up again in the near future.
If you are a Young Carer and would like to access support, or you're the Parent of a Young Carer, or a professional that has identified a Young Carer you can make a referral using the forms below. Please make sure that you meet the following criteria before doing so:
- The child or young person must be a young carer; therefore they are providing unpaid care for a person who has a long-term or terminal illness, a disability, mental health difficulty or misuses alcohol/substances.
- Their caring responsibilities are impacting upon their lives. This may be socially, emotionally, educationally or physically. Not all young carers’ require support and many cope very well without support from external agencies.
- The child or young person must be 18 or under (If they are over 18, they may wish to seek support from our adult carers’ service).
- They must live in North Tyneside or be undertaking their caring role in North Tyneside.
- The family are aware that you're making the referral.
Referral Form for Professional working with a Young Carer: click here
Referral Form for Young person or family member: click here