There can be good and not so good things about being a young carer. Every family is different.....
There is no right or wrong answer, but it is important that caring doesn't stop young people from getting on with their lives and their health.
How we help you and your family is up to you, but might include things like;
- Getting to know you and understanding how you feel about being a carer.
- Putting you and your family in touch with other people and organisations that can help you or give advice.
- Helping you and your family to find ways of understanding how you feel to make it easier to get along.
- Helping you to understand more about the illness or disability the person you are caring for has.
- Making sure that caring doesn't stop you from doing the things that you want to do, such as going out with friends, going to school/college, or getting a job.
- Speaking to your teachers so they understand how caring affects you. This is up to you though, and we won't get in touch with them unless you're happy for us to do so.